The Unitarian Kaláka Fund is a partnership between Project Harvest Hope and the Odorheiu Secuiesc Community Foundation. PHH, committed to its mission of promoting the economic and cultural vitality of Unitarian villages in Transylvania, is launching a new phase of its support to Unitarian villages in Transylvania. A principal aim of the Fund is community building. For that reason, applicants must show a commitment to building local partnerships, involving local institutions, volunteers and providing some local resources. There are two new elements of this call for proposal:
- the UKF offer a maching fund up to 50% of the projects (up to max. 500 USD/project). This mean that the applicants need to raise min. 50% of their total budget.the applicants need to raise at least 50%. Building the 50% self contribution ensures community buy-in and is an important part of ensuring commitment.
- the fundraising process is supported by an online crowdfunding platform: www.give-get-do.ro The applicants will apply by uploading their projects to this platform and by this way all their fundraising process will become visible.
By this new elements we strive to help the Unitarian villages to build their sustainability and to mobilize funds in a new way. Because these are requirements, the SzKA staff is here to work with you on your planning and development should you want our support.
WHO MAY APPLY?
NGOs and initiative groups from Unitarian Rural Communities of Transylvania (those villages which appear in the Transylvanian Unitarian Church Directory). If you are an initiative group (do not have an NGO) we will work with you to find a partner.
WHAT IS AN EXAMPLE OF A PROJECT?
Projects should be about, by, and for your community. When you are thinking about a project idea, ask yourself: How can we contribute to a living and vital community? What kind of activities and initiatives would help to motivate and activate our community to act for their own better future? The project ideas can not be for the exclusive benefit of the Unitarian community, but the local Unitarian community must be involved. One project support which is a matching fund is a maximum of 500 USD/project. We accept a wide range of ideas based on our belief that you know best what your community needs. Your project idea should promote:
- collaboration and partnership
- village volunteerism
- ecumenical values
- preservation of tradition and cultural heritage
[mark]Attention![/mark] The projects need to be uploaded in three languages: Hungarian, Romanian and English.
Before your project become active and visible on the crowdfunding platform there will be a pre-evaluation process. When we will make a decision about your prpject we will give high priority to projects which:
- are based on community decision
- address real local needs and/or willingness
- build on partnership (involve actively local people and local NGOs, institutions, companies)
- contribute with a high level of voluntary work and local resources
- can assure the sustainability of their project after the financial support is completed
- can have a real impact to change something in the community.
WHAT IS HTE SIZE OF THE FUND?
The UKF is a pilot-project. For this purpose PHH will match the first 3 projects which will succeed to raise 50% of their target amount. The matching fund should be max. 500 USD / project. PHH also plan to make a continue fundraising work for offering more matching funds if see that the local communities will succeed with this fundraising process.
HOW DOES THE PROCESS WORK?
[hb_image width=”600″ height=”388″ align=”center”]http://szka.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/unitarian-kalaka_news.jpg[/hb_image] [spacer height=”20px”] [separator small=”true”] For more information and support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0745-495392.