The Community Foundation launched this initiative under the Urban Kalaka program.
The purpose of this program is to facilitate the convalescent children’s healing by creating both indoor and outdoor spaces where they can indulge in playful pastime and forget about their illnesses.
The project consists of two parts: the development of an outdoor playground and a series of interior makeovers – for a more welcoming atmosphere in the wards and hallways.
The specific tasks undertaken by the cooperating parties:
Odorheiu Secuiesc Community Foundation
- lays out the plans for the playground and the interior redevelopments;
- sets up a fundraising campaign among the local community for the execution of this project;
- recruits and mobilizes volunteers, conducts the implementation of the site works;
- undertakes continuous promotion of the project.
Odorhei City Hospital
- as the owner of the site, traces out the exact location designated for the playground;
- maintains connections and ensures the development proceeds according to schedule;
- contributes to the successful execution of the project by submitting financial as well as human and material resources;
- exploits its opportunities to publicize the project.
As with all previous Urban Kalaka, the process will follow key principles such as cooperation (continuous reconciliation) from design to implementation, and guaranteeing transparency for donors as well as for those who participate.
The project is scheduled for delivery in the summer of 2016.